Before reading this Interview :
This Interview took place in 29/10/2000 , 3 days after accepting Islam.
Sister Tammy contacted IslamWay few days ago .. She was having some questions about her situation .. We forwarded her questions to Shaikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjed , who runs : www.Islam-Qa.com, and he answered them.
A brother from IslamWay contacted Tammy offering any kind of help she wants .. and He had answered some of her questions .. and was encouraging her to accept Islam ..
He was surprised when sister Tammy contacted him saying that She became Muslim and that she went to the Islamic Center in her town to take the Shahadah.
IslamWay Editor : First of all .. I would like to congratulate you my sister for reverting to Islam .. May Allah accept your good deeds and surely Allah will forgive all your past sins .. Can you introduce your self so that readers can know more about yourself ?
Tammy : My name is Tammy Renee , I am 27 years old, I am a homemaker, born in Canada in North West, I have a son who is 3 years old.
IslamWay Editor : Can you tell us briefly .. How did you revert to Islam ?
Tammy : I became interested when I worked for some Syrian people whom I found talking about Islam and I wanted to learn more as I had been very fascinated by Islam and what they told me about Allah[swt]and prophet Muhammed(pbuh).
I was also intrigued of the way that Muslims are happy and content with thier lives and happy with thier religion. They are very faithful and dedicated and all they needed was one God Allah [swt] .
IslamWay Editor : How did you take the Shahadah ?
Tammy : I was at the mosque for the first time and I knew I wanted to be a part of Islam and I wanted to make it official and everyone was really nice to me and very welcoming and I just wanted to be like that and I knew that it was the right thing to do at the time and it couldnt have been more ready and I knew that I wanted to be muslim.
First the sister read me Koran then took me to see shiekh who asked me if I was ready and I knew it was the moment I had been waiting for.
IslamWay Editor : Most of the Western Media promotes that Islam is oppressing women .. Do you think that Hijab is kind of an oppression for the Muslim Woman ?
Tammy : Not at all because they just don't have a full understanding of what it means for me to wear a hijab, how I feel about it : It reminds me of who I am and what I have to do everyday and it also makes people aware of me being a muslimah and I am proud to put that on display for anyone and maybe that way they might be interested in Islam more & i do not feel oppressed at all. It is my protection for me aginst my society.
IslamWay Editor : After becoming a Muslim .. What is your goals .. what about your dreams ?
Tammy : First take things slow step by step and follow Islam as best to my knowledge, read Qura'an, do salat and InshaAllah I will be blessed and will deal with whatever Allah[swt] will hand to me and be happy.
IslamWay Editor : What are the best things that you liked about the Muslims in your community who are practising Islam ? What are the worst things that you noticed?
Tammy : The best thing is the way they are so supportive of each other hand help each other in every aspect. Thay are very kind and generous and will help thier neighbors and make sure no one is left out.
The worst thing is that I have met muslim people that are not practicing and they will do certain things right but then they are not that faithful to the religion of Islam and I get sad because I think that they should recognize the beauty in it but yet they don't see it & I dont understand how a person who grew up with Islam does not practice. I was always jealous of people that were muslim, but now I dont have to be.
IslamWay Editor : Do you think that Muslims are doing their best in coveying Allah's message in the world ?
Tammy : Well I have found some good resources but if someone is not conveying Allah's message then it can be from lack of Knowledge or they are afraid to share the Truth because of negative critism usually associated with Islam. But better to Fear Allah[swt]. I dont know a whole lot about this myself yet. I will try to do the best I can to my ability and lead them to better sources
IslamWay Editor : If you were able to send 3 messages to these 3 kinds of people in the whole world what would you say ?
- A Muslim who is conveying Allah's word
- A Muslim who is not Practicing Islam
- A Non Muslim who is learning about Islam
- For a Muslim who is conveying Allah's word : May allah [swt]reward all youir efforts -ameen-.
- For a non Muslim : May Allah[swt] guide you if he wills- Ameen-.
IslamWay Editor : My Dear Sister .. May Allah reward you .. and may Allah keep you in the straight path .. Ameen !
Interview with a 3 days old Muslimah !
Before reading this Interview :
We sometimes hear and read about hisbah (guarding against infringements) and rijaal al-hisbah (men who guard against infringements). Who a...
We often hear about al-Jathoom, which is a jinni that sits (yajthum) on a person’s chest if he has been neglecting prayer or other duties. I...
It is with sorrow that i ask this question.My friend has been raped be her father for many years.She was conceived outside her parent's ...
Would please tell me what the symbol "~" has effect on the meaning of word or phrase of the holy Quran If some one does not Pr...
An Article written by Shaikh Abdur Rahman Abdul Khaliq My brothers and sisters everywhere! With this essay, I am not singling out the adhe...
Is it prescribed for the one who commits a sin to give charity after that?. Praise be to Allaah. Giving voluntary charity is a confirmed Sun...
All praise is due to Allah, Who has guided us to the straightest path, Whom we ask to provide us with relentless non wearisome determinati...
All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be upon the last Prophet, our prophet Muhammad, and all his family and co...
There are two things that may happen during intercourse or foreplay between a man and his wife, which is where the woman may reach climax bu...
Asalam mu alay koem Dear Brother, Please let me know if this is true or not, a lady whom i go to Talim Classes with has told me that vegetab...
- ► 2012 (274)
- Former pastor, missionary, professor in Divinity c...
- Interview with a 3 days old Muslimah !
- What Islam has done for me ?
- Anne : From devoted Christian to devoted Muslim
- Shadiyah Bey telling us how did she convert to Isl...
- 19 years old Candadian girl looking for the truth ...
- Amazing Interview with a 14 years old new Muslimah...
- Cat Stevens : How I came to Islam
- Leading Muslim Women To The light of 20th Century ...
- I Had Not Gone Shopping for a New Religion
- The Meaning of Ramadan
- Ramadhan Warriors
- The Virtues of Allah’s sacred month of Muharram an...
- What is the reason why fasting is prescribed?
- A Ramadhan Checklist
- The Meaning of Ramadan
- When the Night Equals a Thousand
- The Great Virtue of Ramadan
- The virtue of the last ten days of Ramadaan and La...
- Reaping the benefits of Ramadan
- Important Lessons From Ramadan
- The fasting person has two occasions for joy
- Before the Sand Slips Away
- What After Ramadan?
- Eat and drink, but be not excessive
- Welcoming the Arrival of Ramadan
- fasting in the second half of Sha’baan
- The virtue of fasting six days of Shawwaal
- Why do Muslims fast?
- A Day in a Faster's Life
- The virtues of Ramadaan
- The Last Ten Days
- Why Muslims Love the Month of Ramadan?
- The Muslim in Ramadaan
- Voluntary Fasting
- Ruling on zakaat al-fitr and how much is to be pai...
- 25 Advisory opinions (fatwa) for women in Ramadan
- Repenting In Ramadan
- A tear in Ramadan
- Ten ways to receive Ramadan
- 5 ways to make this Ramadan extraordinary!
- Preparation of the Winners in Ramadan
- How do we receive Ramadan?
- Great Ramadan ideas for children
- Turn off that stove!
- WELCOME RAMADAN
- Why must we be generous on Ramadan?
- The Quran from the perspective of a non-Muslim
- Is there a Creator ?!
- What do Muslims believe about Jesus?
- 12 Proofs that Muhammad (Peace be upon him ) was a...
- Muhammad, The Prophet of Allah
- Human Rights in Islam
- Why Muslims Believe that Islam is the truth
- Islam: Misunderstood throughout the World
- On Religious Tolerance
- Basics of faith
- Do You Know This Book ?
- The Objective Reasoning and The Convincing Islam
- The Most Extraordinary Incident Ever!
- Islamic Concept of God
- A complete code of life
- Dar Al-Islam And Dar Al-Harb: Its Definition and S...
- Insight of a Muslim Judge
- Islam is your Birthright
- The Merits of Islam
- Believe It or Not: You were Born Muslim!
- 7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Quran
- Concerning mockery of the Prophet (peace and bless...
- Believe It or Not: You were Born Muslim!
- Virtues of Friday
- The Deen of Islam
- The Right of Allah, the Almighty
- Greatness of Allah subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa
- Advice for New Muslims or those considering Islam
- The reason why jihaad is prescribed
- Why Do Priests & Preachers Enter ISLAM?
- Etiquette of the seeker of knowledge
- The problem of the one who memorizes Qur’aan and c...
- He wants to marry a girl but she wants to go to un...
- Those who follow madhhabs and refuse to learn
- Memorizing Qur’aan and Sunnah
- Our attitude towards differences among the scholar...
- He is asking about the length of Nuh’s ship
- Is it permissible for a woman to uncover her face ...
- Women meeting for halaqahs and study circles
- Mixing of male and female students for a project r...
- Is it obligatory to follow a particular madhhab?
- Brief overview of the madhhab of Imam Abu Haneefah...
- Woman travelling to seek knowledge without a mahra...
- Does feeling pleased with one’s grades contradict ...
- Studying Islamic knowledge (sharee’ah sciences) in...
- Man teaching women Qur’aan memorization from behin...
- He found out that his Shaykh deals with jinn
- Reasons why a person who has recently become right...
- We do not advise you to continually read the books...
- Virtue of teaching Arabic
- Are there any weak points in Islam that enable the...
- The knowledge which is praised by Allaah in the Qu...
- Is it waajib (obligatory) for non-Arabs to learn A...
- ▼ November (129)