An Article written by Shaikh Abdur Rahman Abdul Khaliq
My brothers and sisters everywhere! With this essay, I am not singling out the adherents of Islam - to which I ascribe - but rather I am writing this essay to every man and woman throughout the whole world.
I ask Allah that He facilitates that this essay reaches every ear, falls under the sight of every eye, and is understood by every heart... Muhammad the son of `Abdullah is Allah's Prophet and the Final Messenger Sent by Allah to the Inhabitants of Earth. My brothers and sisters everywhere! You should know that the Messenger, Muhammad the son of`Abdullah (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) is Allah's Messenger in reality and truth. The evidences that show his veracity are abundant. None but an infidel, who out of arrogance alone, could deny these signs.
Among these proofs:
1. Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) was raised illiterate, unable to read or write, and remained like that till his death. Among all his people, he was known as being truthful and trustworthy. Before receiving revelation, he had no prior knowledge of Religion or any previously sent Message. He remained like that for his first forty years. Revelation then came to Muhammad with theKoran that we now have between our hands. This Koran mentioned most of the accounts found in the previous scriptures, telling us about these events in the greatest detail as if he witnessed them. These accounts came precisely as they were found in the Torah sent down to Moses and in the Gospel sent down to Jesus. Neither the Jews or Christians were able to believe him regarding anything that he said.
2. Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) also foretold of everything that wouldoccur to him and his community after him, pertaining to victory, the removal of the tyrannical kingdoms of Chosroes [the royal title for the Zoroastrian kings of Persia] and Caesar, and the establishment of the religion of Islam throughout the earth. These events occurred exactly as Muhammad foretold, as ifhe was reading the future from an open book.
3. Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) also brought an Arabic Koran that isthe peak of eloquence and clarity. The Koran challenged those eloquent and fluent Arabs of his time, who initially belied him, to bring forth a single chapter like the Koran. The eloquent Arabs of his day were unable to contest this Koran.Indeed, till our day, none has ever dared to claim that he has been able to compose words that equal-or even approach-the order, grace, beauty, and splendor of this Glorious Koran.
4. The life history of this Noble Prophet was a perfect example of being upright, merciful,compassionate, truthful, brave, generous, distant from all evil character, and ascetic in all worldly matters, while striving solely for the reward of the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of Allah.
5. Allah instilled great love for Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) in the hearts of all who believed in and met him. This love reached such a degree that any of his companions would willingly sacrifice his (or her) self, mother or father for him. Till today, those who believe in Muhammad honor and love him. Anyone of those who believe in him would ransom his own family and wealth to see him, even if but once.
6. All of history has not preserved the biography of any person in the manner it has preserved the life of Muhammad, who is the most influential human in history. Nor has the entire earth known of anyone whom every morning and evening, and many times thereafter throughout the day, is thought of by those who believe in him. Upon rememberingMuhammad, the believers in him will greet him and ask Allah to bless him. They do such with full hearts and true love for him.
7. Nor has there every been a man on earth whom is still followed in all his doings by those whobelieve in him. Those who believe in Muhammad, sleep in the manner he slept; purify themselves (through ablutionand ritual washing) in the manner he purified himself; and adhere to his practice in the way they eat, drink, and clothe themselves.
Indeed in all aspects of their lives, the believers in Muhammad adhere to the teachings he spread among them and the path that he traveled upon during his life.
During every generation, from his day till our time, the believers in this Noble prophet have fullyadhered to his teachings. With some, this has reached the degree that they desire to follow and adhere to the Prophet's way in his personal matters regarding which Allah has not sought of them to adhere to in worship. For example, some will only eat those specific foods or only wear those specific garmentsthat the Messenger liked.
Let alone all that, all those who believe in Muhammad repeat those praises of Allah, special prayers,and invocations that he would say during each of his actions during day and night, like: what he would say when he greeted people, upon entering and leaving the house, entering and leaving the mosque, entering and leaving the bathroom, going to sleep and awaking from sleep, observing the new crescent, observing the new fruit on trees, eating, drinking, dressing, riding, traveling and returning from travel, etc. Let alone all that, all those who believe in Muhammad fully perform-even to the minute detail-every act of worship-like prayer, fasting, charity, and pilgrimage-as this Noble Messenger (may Allah's blessingsand peace be upon him) taught and as he himself performed.All of this allows those who believe in him, to live their lives in all aspects with this Noble Messenger as their example, as if he was standing before them, for them to follow in all their doings.
8. There has never been nor will there ever be a man anywhere upon this earth who has received suchlove, respect, honor, and obedience in all matters-small and large alike-as has this Noble Prophet.
9. Since his day, in every region of the earth and during every period, this Noble Prophet has beenfollowed by individuals from all races, colors and peoples. Many of those who followed him were previously Christians, Jews, pagans, idolaters, or without any religion. Among those who chose to follow him, were those who were known for their sound judgment, wisdom, reflection, and foresight. They chose to follow this Noble Prophet after they witnessed the signs of his truthfulness and the evidences of his miracles. They did not choose to follow Muhammad out of compulsion or coercion orbecause they had adopted the ways of their fathers and mothers.Indeed many of the followers of this Prophet (may Allah's blessings peace be upon him), chose to follow him during the time when Islam was weak, when there were few Muslims, and when there was severe persecution of his followers on earth. Most people who have followed this Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) have done so not to acquire some material benefits. Indeed many of his followers have suffered the greatest forms of harm and persecution as a result of followingthis Prophet. Despite all this harm and persecution, this did not turn them back from his religion. My brethren! All of this clearly indicates to anyone possessing any sense, that this Prophet was truly and really Allah's messenger and that he was not just a man who claimed prophethood or spoke aboutAllah without knowledge.
10. With all this, Muhammad came with a great religion in its credal and legal make-up. Muhammad described Allah with qualities of complete perfection, and at the same time in a manner that is free of ascribing to Him any imperfection. Neither the philosophers or the wise could ever describe Allah like such. Indeed it is impossible to imagine that any human mind could conceive of an existing being that possesses such complete ability, knowledge, and greatness; Who has subdued thecreation; Who has encompassed everything in the universe, small or large; and Who possesses such perfect mercy.Nor is it in the ability of any human being to place a perfect law based upon justice, equality, mercy and objectivity for all human activity on earth like the laws that Muhammad brought for all spheres of human activity - like buying and selling, marriage and divorce, renting, testimony, custody, and all othercontracts that are necessary to uphold life and civilization on earth.
11. It is impossible that any person conceive wisdom, morals, good manners, nobleness of charactersas what this honorable Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) brought. In a full and complete manner, Muhammad spread a teaching regarding character and manners towardone' parents, relatives, fiends, family, humanity, animals, plants and inanimate objects. It is impossible for the human mind alone to grasp all of that teaching or come with a similar teaching. All of that unequivocally indicates that this Messenger did not bring an) of this religion from his own accord, but that it was rather a teaching and inspiration that he received from the One Who created the earth and the high heavens above and created this universe in its miraculous architecture andperfection.
12. The legal and credal make-up of the religion that the Messenger, Muhammad, (may Allah'sblessings and peace be upon him) brought resembles the engineering of the heavens and the earth. All of that indicates that He who created the heavens and the earth is the One Who sent down this great law and upright religion. The degree of inimitability of the Divine law that was sent down upon Muhammad is to the same degree of inimitability of the Divine creation of the heavens and earth. For just as humanity cannot create this universe, in the same manner humanity cannot bring forth a law like Allah's law that He sent down upon His servant and messenger Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him).
12 Proofs that Muhammad (Peace be upon him ) was a True Prophet
An Article written by Shaikh Abdur Rahman Abdul Khaliq
We sometimes hear and read about hisbah (guarding against infringements) and rijaal al-hisbah (men who guard against infringements). Who a...
We often hear about al-Jathoom, which is a jinni that sits (yajthum) on a person’s chest if he has been neglecting prayer or other duties. I...
It is with sorrow that i ask this question.My friend has been raped be her father for many years.She was conceived outside her parent's ...
Would please tell me what the symbol "~" has effect on the meaning of word or phrase of the holy Quran If some one does not Pr...
An Article written by Shaikh Abdur Rahman Abdul Khaliq My brothers and sisters everywhere! With this essay, I am not singling out the adhe...
Is it prescribed for the one who commits a sin to give charity after that?. Praise be to Allaah. Giving voluntary charity is a confirmed Sun...
All praise is due to Allah, Who has guided us to the straightest path, Whom we ask to provide us with relentless non wearisome determinati...
All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be upon the last Prophet, our prophet Muhammad, and all his family and co...
There are two things that may happen during intercourse or foreplay between a man and his wife, which is where the woman may reach climax bu...
Asalam mu alay koem Dear Brother, Please let me know if this is true or not, a lady whom i go to Talim Classes with has told me that vegetab...
- ► 2012 (274)
- Former pastor, missionary, professor in Divinity c...
- Interview with a 3 days old Muslimah !
- What Islam has done for me ?
- Anne : From devoted Christian to devoted Muslim
- Shadiyah Bey telling us how did she convert to Isl...
- 19 years old Candadian girl looking for the truth ...
- Amazing Interview with a 14 years old new Muslimah...
- Cat Stevens : How I came to Islam
- Leading Muslim Women To The light of 20th Century ...
- I Had Not Gone Shopping for a New Religion
- The Meaning of Ramadan
- Ramadhan Warriors
- The Virtues of Allah’s sacred month of Muharram an...
- What is the reason why fasting is prescribed?
- A Ramadhan Checklist
- The Meaning of Ramadan
- When the Night Equals a Thousand
- The Great Virtue of Ramadan
- The virtue of the last ten days of Ramadaan and La...
- Reaping the benefits of Ramadan
- Important Lessons From Ramadan
- The fasting person has two occasions for joy
- Before the Sand Slips Away
- What After Ramadan?
- Eat and drink, but be not excessive
- Welcoming the Arrival of Ramadan
- fasting in the second half of Sha’baan
- The virtue of fasting six days of Shawwaal
- Why do Muslims fast?
- A Day in a Faster's Life
- The virtues of Ramadaan
- The Last Ten Days
- Why Muslims Love the Month of Ramadan?
- The Muslim in Ramadaan
- Voluntary Fasting
- Ruling on zakaat al-fitr and how much is to be pai...
- 25 Advisory opinions (fatwa) for women in Ramadan
- Repenting In Ramadan
- A tear in Ramadan
- Ten ways to receive Ramadan
- 5 ways to make this Ramadan extraordinary!
- Preparation of the Winners in Ramadan
- How do we receive Ramadan?
- Great Ramadan ideas for children
- Turn off that stove!
- WELCOME RAMADAN
- Why must we be generous on Ramadan?
- The Quran from the perspective of a non-Muslim
- Is there a Creator ?!
- What do Muslims believe about Jesus?
- 12 Proofs that Muhammad (Peace be upon him ) was a...
- Muhammad, The Prophet of Allah
- Human Rights in Islam
- Why Muslims Believe that Islam is the truth
- Islam: Misunderstood throughout the World
- On Religious Tolerance
- Basics of faith
- Do You Know This Book ?
- The Objective Reasoning and The Convincing Islam
- The Most Extraordinary Incident Ever!
- Islamic Concept of God
- A complete code of life
- Dar Al-Islam And Dar Al-Harb: Its Definition and S...
- Insight of a Muslim Judge
- Islam is your Birthright
- The Merits of Islam
- Believe It or Not: You were Born Muslim!
- 7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Quran
- Concerning mockery of the Prophet (peace and bless...
- Believe It or Not: You were Born Muslim!
- Virtues of Friday
- The Deen of Islam
- The Right of Allah, the Almighty
- Greatness of Allah subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa
- Advice for New Muslims or those considering Islam
- The reason why jihaad is prescribed
- Why Do Priests & Preachers Enter ISLAM?
- Etiquette of the seeker of knowledge
- The problem of the one who memorizes Qur’aan and c...
- He wants to marry a girl but she wants to go to un...
- Those who follow madhhabs and refuse to learn
- Memorizing Qur’aan and Sunnah
- Our attitude towards differences among the scholar...
- He is asking about the length of Nuh’s ship
- Is it permissible for a woman to uncover her face ...
- Women meeting for halaqahs and study circles
- Mixing of male and female students for a project r...
- Is it obligatory to follow a particular madhhab?
- Brief overview of the madhhab of Imam Abu Haneefah...
- Woman travelling to seek knowledge without a mahra...
- Does feeling pleased with one’s grades contradict ...
- Studying Islamic knowledge (sharee’ah sciences) in...
- Man teaching women Qur’aan memorization from behin...
- He found out that his Shaykh deals with jinn
- Reasons why a person who has recently become right...
- We do not advise you to continually read the books...
- Virtue of teaching Arabic
- Are there any weak points in Islam that enable the...
- The knowledge which is praised by Allaah in the Qu...
- Is it waajib (obligatory) for non-Arabs to learn A...
- ▼ November (129)